Atticus and Tom

Atticus and Tom

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All Summer Long!

The song I chose is All Summer Long by Kid Rock.  The chorus of the song I chose mentions "Singing sweet home Alabama all summer long."  I immediately knew that this was going to be my song.  The majority of the book takes place in the summers of Maycomb, when the trio of Jem, Dill, and Scout are re-united.  This song is very happy, upbeat and puts you in a good mood.  I thought of this song on Dill's last night in chapter 7 when the three of them snuck into the Radley's backyard.  The song repeats "Sweet home Alabama" multiple times, which is the state in which the novel takes place as well.  This song just was a great representation of the book, and more specifically the three characters in the summer.  I felt that this song would be a good connection to the book, and there are many other examples of the book where this song could be connected to.  Another lyric in the song is "We didn't have no internet, but man I never will forget the way the moonlight shined upon her hair."  The kids went into the Radley house at night, and that means that the moonlight would have been shining upon Scout's hair.  They also do not have any internet so that specific line in the song is a great connection to that night.  This is a song that I really like, and when I saw the blog post criteria I knew I was going to do this song.

2 comments:

  1. Greg i think you did a really nice job connecting the lyrics to the novel. It makes a lot of sense to pick this song. I also really like this song so i was able to have the same connections. Nice job on the blogs, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, This is a really good song to use as an example from the book. Mainly because the song displays the relationship between the two people, and shows the relationship of the trio of friends in the novel. I also liked your example of with Dill's last night, and the friends' curiosity got the better of them to sneak into the Radley family's backyard.

    ReplyDelete